Skip to content
Versions & featuresDennis van Espelo2019-06-19T14:01:24+01:00
- New release (r, release) version refresco/2.5.0 deployed January 2019 (see MODS page).
- Current monthly build (t, trunk) version refresco-trunk/2.6.0-t1.
- Previous release (r, release) version refresco/2.4.0 deployed in December 2017 (see MODS page).
- Previous release (r, release) version refresco/2.3.0 deployed in January 2017 (see MODS page).
The current (r) version of ReFRESCO has the following CFD key capabilities:
- Handles (basic)Icem-CFD, Gridpro, Hexpress, Pointwise, snappyHexMesh, Salome, CfMesh, ANSYS Workbench, Star-CCM and MARIN in-house grids;
- Discretization (steady and unsteady) to handle low and high Reynolds numbers flows;
- Segregated and coupled solvers;
- RANS eddy-viscosity based 1- and 2-equation turbulence models (k-epsilon, k-omega, k-tau and k-skl models). With and without wall-functions;
- RANS non-isotropic EARSM model;
- Scale-Resolved Simulations (SRS) models: SAS, DDES, IDDES, XLES, PANS and LES;
- Free-surface interface capturing (VOF) with high-resolution (time-step independent) convection schemes;
- Pseudo-compressible (VOF) cavitation models;
- Moving, sliding and deforming grids;
- Automatic grid adaptation and several associated criteria: error-estimators or feature-based;
- Imposed motions: user chosen or experiments/file based;
- Free motions: 6DoF rigid-body Equation-of-Motion solver, with increased robustness;
- Motion inheritance between bodies (nBodies+nMotions) (NEW);
- Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI): linearized partitioned coupling with ANSYS FEM;
- Wave-generation and wave-absorption models;
- Particle-Lagrangian Tracker (NEW);
- Bubble dynamics (NEW);
- Propeller models: actuator-disk (AD), smart(AD), RANS-BEM coupling, RANS-RANS approach;
- Acoustic models (FFWH approach);
- Coupling with hydrodynamic (BEM) and acoustic panel methods;
- Coupling with wave generation codes OceanWave3D, ComFLOW and SWASH;
- Coupling with fast time-simulation XMF tools;
- Co-processing (online visualization) using Paraview-Catalyst;
- User-defined routines for user interaction with the code;
- Dynamic controls adaptation (modify numerical settings during calculations);
- Solution output in CGNS format compatible with Paraview and Tecplot.
Deployment and version numbering policy:
- monthly builds (ex: refresco-trunk/2.5.0-t1) where new features, bugs, issues solved are incorporated. These are not tagged in svn and are deployed upon request.
- two months prior to the major release, no new features are incorporated in the main trunk version of the code, and release-candidates (ex: refresco/2.4.0-rc1) will be deployed, in order to solve possible bugs.
- each year, around December a release (ex: refresco/2.4.0) version is deployed.
- the code version numbering is: 3 digits, the last one being for bug fixes, the middle one incremental, and after the middle digit reaches 9 the first digit is incremented (ex: refresco/2.3.0 -> refresco/2.3.1 -> … refresco/2.9.0 => refresco/3.0.0 ).