Home Forums Numerical Uncertainty Tools Uncertainty estimation formula used with the 2017 version of the tool Reply To: Uncertainty estimation formula used with the 2017 version of the tool

Pierre Crepier
Keymaster

Hi Andrea,

I’m afraid I can’t answer your question without asking for further details here at MARIN, but I know that it is possible to get the uncertainties of other points than the finest one (step 1) by changing slightly the input format of the data.
I worked only with the version of 2016 but I expect the data format of the version of 2017 to be the same.

Could you post a sample of your data here (the file containing the forces values, I guess it is forces values), then I might be able to give you hints on how to get this.

If you can’t give the data, the input format works like that:
line 1: header of the columns
line 2: number of points to use in the fit
line 3 and 4: give the order in which the data is ordered: if the first column of line 4 is larger than that of line 3: increasing order. decreasing for the opposite case

The uncertainty will be given for the last line of your input file. That means that you do not have to have the finest or coarsest grid (depending on the sorting order of your data) as last line, but you can put one of the intermediate grids.

Is this helping you ?