Home Forums Numerical Uncertainty Tools Uncertainty estimation formula used with the 2017 version of the tool Reply To: Uncertainty estimation formula used with the 2017 version of the tool

Andrea Mikelic
Participant

Thanks Pierre I will give it a try. I did not know that the last line was always the one where the uncertainty was given, (even though looking back at the picture it looks obvious).

Guilherme, I will be very happy not to have to recode anything indeed 🙂
I was trying to get back the uncertainty using the values form the given fit. Is the fit that cannot be reproduce or the uncertainty computation based on it?
In the documentation of the 2017 version there is no details about how things are computed as the guide_numuncertainty_module.pdf is not present anymore. That guide that was in the 2016 package, indeed gives details on how the fit and the coefficients are obtained but refers to the paper of 2014 for the uncertainty computation.

Maybe in the future in the latex tables we could have the uncertainty for all the grids or an equivalent kind of excel sheet than with the 2016? I liked that sheet a lot it helps make things clearer. I cannot use it with the 2017 report.out at least not using the refinement ratio as input.