Home Forums Installation Compilation on cluster Hebbe (Sweden)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear all ,
    I went through the compilation of ReFRESCO on Hebbe recently, trunk version and the tag-2.4.0. The procedure follows the explanation on MODS-Developer’s Guide , but there are few trouble-shooting steps which I document here.
    First of all, make sure the required libraries are loaded (in your .bashrc for example):

module load intel/2017b
    module load ifort/2017.1.132-GCC-6.3.0-2.27
    module load icc/2017.1.132-GCC-6.3.0-2.27
    module load impi/2017.1.132
    module load CMake
    module load Doxygen/1.8.13
    module load Python/2.7.13
    module load matplotlib/2.0.2-Python-2.7.13-Qt-4.8.7

Because of the toolchains on Hebbe, the modules need to be loaded in sequence. For example, Doxygen cannot be loaded unless ifort/ is loaded explicitly beforehand.

Secondly, when compiling the external libraries, additional flags are required in the libconfigure-intel17.sh :
    CONFOPTS=”–prefix=$PETSC_INSTALL_DIR \
    –with-mpi-dir=/apps/Hebbe/software/Compiler/intel/2017.1.132-GCC-6.3.0-2.27/impi/2017.1.132 \
    –with-cc=mpicc \
    –with-fc=mpiifort \
    –with-cxx=mpiicpc \

Then, the code is compiled and installed (but without the documentation), i.e. using the target
    make install_nodocs
    and the check_install.sh was successful.

Concerning the documentation, I had problems with pdflatex (fixed) and Graphviz version 2.29 (not fixed).
    Skipping the documentation at this stage is not ideal, because the same issues will come out when running the Suites, starting with the testSuite (I discuss my experience with the testSuites on Hebbe in a separate thread )
    Carlo

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Carlo Negrato.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.