Home Forums Aspect – Pre-processing and Monitoring Use Aspect/0.8 on cluster Hebbe (Sweden)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear all,
    I would like to use Aspect/0.8 tools on cluster Hebbe. However, I keep having this error when I execute both ./monitor or ./preparation .

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: 
    The type initializer for 'Gtk.Container' threw an exception. 
    ---> System.DllNotFoundException: gtksharpglue-2

Now: my status is the following: I have Mono and GTK loaded as modules:

[negrato@hebbe bin]$ module list Mono
    Currently Loaded Modules Matching: Mono
      1) Mono/5.4.1.6
    [negrato@hebbe bin]$ module list GTK+
    Currently Loaded Modules Matching: GTK+
      1) GTK+/2.24.31
    [negrato@hebbe bin]$

Additionally, after some search, I found that gtksharpglue-2 should come with a separate gtk-sharp package. Therefore, I built gtk-sharp-2.12.45 and I can see some libraries relevant to gtksharpglue-2 in the installation directory:

[negrato@hebbe lib]$ pwd
    /c3se/NOBACKUP/users/negrato/Soft/gtk-sharp/gtk-sharp-2.12.45-install/lib
    [negrato@hebbe lib]$ ls libgtksharpglue-2.*
    libgtksharpglue-2.a  libgtksharpglue-2.la  libgtksharpglue-2.so
    [negrato@hebbe lib]$

However, the problem persists. From the Web it appears it’s a problem of setting the paths correctly, but I have not been able to solve this. Anyone had the same experience and have suggestions for a fix??
    Many thanks!
    For the forum admin(s): please notify if this thread should be placed in a different section of the forum

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Carlo Negrato.
    Carlo Negrato
    Participant

So. It turned out that the error was indeed due to lack of setting the paths :
    After building gtk-sharp from source ,
    https://download.mono-project.com/sources/gtk-sharp212/ ,
    I put these additional lines in the module file for aspect/0.8 :

prepend-path PATH              /c3se/NOBACKUP/users/negrato/Soft/gtk-sharp/gtk-sharp-2.12.45-install/bin
    prepend-path LD_LIBRARY_PATH   /c3se/NOBACKUP/users/negrato/Soft/gtk-sharp/gtk-sharp-2.12.45-install/lib 

where the paths are pointing to the installation directory. Then ‘monitor’ tool will work.
    For completeness, I still see the following error popping up in the terminal:

Error, libnotify.so.4 was not found, notifications won't be displayed. 

but the tool works just fine.
    Carlo

Pierre Crepier
    Keymaster

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the feedback, good that you could fix the problem on your own, otherwise I would have asked Menno to get in touch you to solve that.
    I was planning on opening a new section dedicated to Aspect, but then I’m afraid to have too many section (Or I close the current “Advanced applications”)

Pierre

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.